Sunday 24 March 2013

Easter is somewhere, just round the corner.

I know - it feels impossible, doesn't it, that it's the season of bunnies and daffodils while in reality we're huddled by the fireside in our thermal vests. (I'm writing of friends in the UK here - please, if you are somewhere hot and sunny, tell us. It's such a long time since we've been warm that we've forgotten what it feels like.)

But, foul weather or not, the shops are full of chocolate, schools are breaking up, offices shutting down for a few days, and families finding time to play together.

And I, too, will take a few days off. So this is my last post until after Easter.

For the committed Christian, this is, of course, a festival of hope and renewal. May it bring you joy. For those of other faiths, or none - well, we can have fun too. Let's hope the sun shines on us all (at last), and we can savour precious time with those we love. I shall eat cake, and think of you all.

9 comments:

  1. I wish you a very happy Easter, Jo. We begin our Passover this evening, a time to remember those less free than ourselves, and eight days of eating Matzo rather than bread to remember the Exodus from Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe its nearly Easter. Today is my 35 th wedding anniversary we were married on Easter Saturday. Hubby is on holiday this week but I have toddler boy today so we are spending it going to see sharks at the sea life centre,not very romantic but we'll have fun. Snow is melting so hope it's not too cold. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good break. Eat chocolate. Relax. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

  4. nice job for posting this.It’s exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely Easter, Jo! you can at least get yourself a bunny shaped hot water bottle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all - and I hope you all enjoy seasonal festivities, whatever shape they take.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard for me to imagine Easter or Passover in snow. I hope Britain warms up before I visit again. Keep warm and enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo, I'm late here, but I just wanted to wish you a lovely Easter weekend. The sun is shining here at last even though it's icy cold! That said, the brave spring flowers *are* out and it's lovely to see the crocuses and pansies. Have a lovely day tomorrow and I hope it abounds with chocolate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter, dear twitter friend. Hope you have a great time. Lay off excess choc, or you'll only be moaning to us all about it! Hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete