Sunday 1 June 2014

What the ...

My twin grandsons were three yesterday. Like any grandmother I bought presents and cards, sat to wrap them ... and a small flier fell out of one of the birthday cards.

For those of you unfamiliar with three-year old boys: a few are quiet and reflective, but most are impulsive and very physical. They look for anything to climb on, throw, kick, or leap on. They find great joy in their own bodies but it can take some time before their thinking catches up.

So, this little flier invited me to add an 'experience' to the card I'd bought for my grandson (a blue card, with a big blue 3 on it, so there could be no mistaking their target market). (All capital letters are from the flier, just to show how wonderful these opportunities are, presumably).

I could take him to the Kids Spy Academy (that lost apostrophe enough to put off any three-year old ...)

I could take him to feed Big Cats (even the thought of that is enough to give me a fit of the vapours).

I could teach him to Surf ...

I could take him to an Introduction to Archery ...

I could take him for a Photoshoot for a Little Princess ...

I could take him Ghost-Hunting ...

He could drive a Go-Kart

He could try Ice-Dancing

I have a discount number, so if any of you know a three-year old who needs feeding to the lions, get in touch!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Jo, you do make me laugh! No need at all to say what you really think of this! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val - nothing better than making people laugh!!

      Delete
  2. Maybe the flyer was written with the Amercan market in mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe - tho I don't think even American 3-year olds could manage a bow and arrow (though I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!)

      Delete
  3. That's hilarious. I suppose the fliers were put in with all the children's cards irrespective of age and interest potential. It was the introduction to archery that made my hair stand on end. Just imagine it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to stop my little twins firing arrows at each other - eek!!!!

      Delete
  4. Hm, the Photoshoot for the Little Princess might have been interesting. I don't know if by three years old they have completely understood all this daft gender stereotyping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to the twins. It's not very clever of them to put fliers in every card regardless of age although it did give you a topic for a blog post. Every cloud etc..

    ReplyDelete